Updated Egg Salad - A Fresh Twist on a Classic Dish

I am a big egg fan.

At breakfast, in my lunchbox or as a quick dinner, I would have eggs at least twice a week on average. They're a great gift from nature; versatile and nutritious and easily adaptable. 

It's these very qualities that make them perfect as the star of packed lunches on those days when you don't know what you fancy or you want something that's going to be very satisfying and filling.

Unfortunately for many people, the idea of eggs at lunch conjures images or memories of soggy sandwiches or smelly salads. But not if you make Egg Salad my way. 


Gone is the heavy mayo and chopped (less than fresh) parsley; instead, the egg is dressed with fresh green pesto. The egg is also accompanied with chopped radish and beetroot, along with some cubed vine tomatoes.

I cannot begin to tell you how good this all tastes. It's much fresher and far more interesting on the palette than shop bought egg salad. The addition of the vegetables and tomato really helps make this a filling but healthy lunch and the pesto gives it a nice Summer zing. 

I've done a recipe below but I mean, I would barely consider it that because it's so simple - just lob everything into a bowl, mix and serve. 

This egg salad is great mixed through some mixed salad or spinach leaves and also served on some hearty bread, like the Seeded Chia Roll in the picture above. Heck, you can even eat it straight with a spoon and it's amazing. 

VICKY'S EGG SALAD
Serves 1 

2 radishes, sliced
1 vine tomato, cubed
2 eggs, boiled and sliced
2 teaspoons of fresh green pesto (I used Aldi's own brand one) 
1 cooked beetroot, diced 

- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Serve on bread, in salad or on own. 


Comments

Popular Posts